Thursday, February 14, 2008

Actual Ceremony Valentine's Day- Kool 96.5 Fm




Griff conducting the service. The saying of vows again for all the 96 couples. This was done live on the Radio.

Ginny looking resplendent on the right in the dark blouse with the white and red flowers very chic. I sound like one of the red carpet Journalist's commenting on one of the award shows.


Ginny with her cupcake as part of the toast to the Bride and Groom. We also had our First dance again but with 96 other couples the dance floor was a bit crowed but great fun.



This is a picture of the two of us at our Pre-Renupital Breakfast at the Holiday Inn , Dartmouth, NS.

This is the Master of Ceremonies Griff Henderson and Caroline Parker from Kool 96.5fm. The Weather here was raining and cool. The place was done up very elegant. Flowers a red rose was handed out to each of the ladies. I guess to remind them of the Thorn they married. Well we just had a one way conversation with family out in Cambodia. They could see and hear us but all we could see was a black blob.

They sent an email to Kool 96.5 to be read out and although they did mention the world wide connection of people listening in. Just want to say a big Thank you to KOOL 96.5FM for adding a little more Romance into our lives for doing the" Happily Ever After Again." We know you were thinking about us Merms. and I was glad I had a chance to talk with you last night in London. The Radio does bring a lot of friends and family closer.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fantastic fun that looks!! I wish I had stayed married a bit longer now! :-))

The Old Tarf said...

Mutleythedog-

It was really fun. We never bothered to do anything for Valentine's day before as our relationship is so open and committed. Everyday is Valentine's Day.

It doesn't mean we do not have our problems but we face them together and work things out. Neither of us steps over that line of Trust, Respect and Love for one another.

Once you actually meet your Soul Mate, you know without any shadow of a doubt. It took me completely by surprise and I wasn't looking for love at the time but God had other plans. As I was embroiled in a difficult time and in a very dark lonely and bitter place.

Trubes said...

Yo Tarfers ! I`m popping over from my site to say thank you so much for your kind and supportive words, much appreciated.
What a romantic and lovely thing you and Mrs Tarfs did on Valetines Day. I'm ashamed to say that we didn`t celebrate it this year.
I think DT is as "ground down" with my health problems, as I am. There seems no end to it.
I think this is why I have nothing to write about at present....Lady Sings the Blues....
I`m still waiting for Merms to give me your e-mail address.

Love to you and Mrs Tarfs.

Di.xxx

Electro-Kevin said...

A great thing to have done and I'm glad that everyone enjoyed themselves.

Thanks for the funny tale on my blog about your friend in court. I did laugh.

Have a great weekend.

Mermaid of Moorgate said...

first - sorry trubes! email will come!

DAddy - I had a horrid meeting from 9 until 2 and missed your ceremony! I was all geared up to listen in, I am sorry xxx I am glad it all went well and tht you had a fun time.

The Old Tarf said...

trubes- It was something very nice to do, an affirmation of our commitment to each other in a public forum. A chance to spend a work day in each others company just being able to hang out was the real deal in it's self.

EK-Glad you liked the story. Hope the weekend was good.

MM-We know you were thinking of us. Sorry your week was Horrid. Tea is in the Pot, waiting for you & a roast beef in the Freezer with your name on it.