Sunday, August 31, 2008

How to tell the Weather

To tell the Weather, go to your backdoor and look for the family Dog. If the dog is at the door and he is wet, it's probably raining. but if the dog is standing there really soaking wet, it is probably raining really hard. If the dog's fur looks like it's been rubbed the wrong way, it's is probably windy. If the dog has snow on his back, it's probably snowing.

Of course, to be able to tell the weather like this, you have to leave the dog outside all the time, Especially if you expect bad weather.

Sincerely,


The Cat


Yes, it is raining outside.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not going outside in bloody Canada in the winter.. I thought I had made that clear. Maybe a stufffed dog would work just as well?

The Old Tarf said...

mutley- we keep the beer chilled in the snow banks.

So we all have to go out but the Cat.

Daisy said...

old tarf...i saw a tan willyworm...winter is suppose to be mild according to the farmers...

The Old Tarf said...

daisy- what is a tan willyworm? Sounds like some nude sun bathers part. :)

the english like it if the beer is warm or room temp so warm or cold 1/2 the people will be happy.

Anonymous said...

Poor dog! I remember the first time my cat experienced snow - she saw it looked different outside and leap out of the cat door with great enthusiasm into this blanket of white cold stuff. She just stood there stunned for about 5 mins - I thought she had frozen stiff. She then crept back and never went out in it again!

It depends on the beer - I like lager ice cold but proper beer should be room temp. But I'll drink anything!

Hope the house selling is going OK?

Daisy said...

old tarf...i think they are just catepillars...but in this area we call them willy worms...just an old farmers thing...

The Old Tarf said...

RB- thank you for the visit. Hope your summer has been a good one. the sale of the house is progressing no offers yet.

Daisy- thank you for letting me know what a willy worm was. I tend to let my imagination run wild on words and phrases. I am so used to having things turned topsy turvy. It must be the Newfie/french in me and east coast sense of humour.

Ninja said...

LOL!! Bad pussy!!

The Old Tarf said...

Sabrina- Hey, they are a higher life form according to them.