Monday, January 5, 2009

Well it is time for me to lose a few pounds-Weight Watchers


Weight Watchers is a very good program. It helped both Ginny and myself to lose over 120 lbs between the two of us. I went down from a 42 waist to under a 33 waist. Now there is nothing wrong with the program. It gets down to keep track of what you eat each day. As thinking you can keep it all under control in your head and still stay on track, that doesn't work, as you tend to forget what you had been eating earlier in the day.

I do find the Weight Watchers Program a little wanting once you get to Maintenance. Which is getting to your goal weight and keeping it for at least 6 weeks afterward. You are kind of on your own, part of the problem for me was not going to the meetings regularly as one only has to go every 6 weeks. I felt bad sitting there and not having anything to say or to participate in the meetings. No one wants to hear how successful you have been all the time. As some of the people had been there before we even started in the first place.

It was the same way I started to work for the Program but found it hard to be on the other side weighting people in and flogging what ever products for that week just because I got some sort of commission from the sales.

So I stopped going and then stopped counting and low and behold my 34 waist is now tight and I will be damned if I am going to buy anymore clothes to fit.

As I dropped down in size. I got rid of my old big clothes, so I would not be tempted to slip up in the buffet table.

Well I am now about 15lbs over my goal weight and pledge to get back on track. This post is for my blogging buddy down under. So here is a picture of what I looked like before I started on weight watchers and a picture of what I looked like a year later. Just to prove that I was almost looking like the Michelin Tire Man.

Me before I started on Weight Watchers in Cuba Drinking.


Me after 1 Year on Weight Watchers again in Cuba.


I realize now that Frank will go to some lengths to do me some composite shots and send them to me. If they are not rude I will post them on the computer.

So "Allons 'y" We go there or Off and Running and hopefully Losing a little on the way. Slow and steady.

14 comments:

lilith said...

Go for it Old Tarf. Show us how it's done :-)

Anonymous said...

One day at a time. We're with you love! Good luck and keep us posted.
Don't forget to drink your water!
:)

The Old Tarf said...

Lilith- I will keep you posted.

Sweet Cheeks- Can I mix my water with Booze? ;)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...that's how you got on the naughty list. :-)

BEAST said...

well done you , and I am sure you will shift the little bit you have put back on

Anonymous said...

Beer is my curse!!! ... and my blessing!

Daisy said...

you have done very well old tarf...the one thing i noticed though is in both pictures you looked happy...so heavy or lighter you seem to have done well in life...that is important in my book

Electro-Kevin said...

Crikey. An inflatable man !

I yo-yo a bit. Hard to believe from my video I know. I recently lost 20lbs by the Atkins and then moderation/running. I feel great.

The Old Tarf said...

Sweet Cheeks- that and a lot of other things.

Beast- I am shifting in more places than like like now.

Mutley- So it is only 1/2 bad cool.

Daisy- That is entirely due to Ginny being in my life.

Ek- unfortunately you were right.

Trubes said...

Good for you OT. I think DT and I should go to Weight Watchers, I've gained loads of weight since being on steroids.
DT just loves his grub and I enjoy cooking for him..deadly mix really..

Di.xx

Anonymous said...

I have never tried Weight Watchers but one of my friends lost a lot of weight that way and has successfully kept most of it off. She said she found it easy to stick to and understand and the weekly weigh-ins were motivating. It wouldn't suit me - I am a solitary person so going to meetings would not be the thing.

But I am going to lose some weight too - I am only happy if I am slim. I had got into bad habits when I hurt my tendon and i need to break them so I am going to be strict for a month just to get back to good eating. I love to run so that part is no problem now my tendon is fixed.

I hope you manage to get to the weight that makes you happy.

Oh and Happy new Year!

The Old Tarf said...

trubes- We know the program does work but it doesn't happen overnight. Keep me informed of any progress and set backs and I will do the same.

RB- I know what you mean. It is hard to have to restart again as I am mad at myself for getting a bit bend out of shape again. I should know better but am a lazy person at heart and do not always practice what I preach.

Linda said...

Buy a dog that's the best way to lose weight. No matter what the weather is like you have to be out there with pooch or they will pester the life out of you!

Great walking companions though!

The Old Tarf said...

DR- Good comment- I do prefer cats though.