Monday, January 19, 2009

All Barium Prepped Up and No Where to Go




Did you ever have one of those days where you followed the Doctor's advice and got yourself ready for an exam and were not able to get there.?

Well, I joined the club today; I was supposed to have a Colorectal Exam this morning. So I had to clear my system with an Enema Prep the night before and go to at the Dartmouth General Hospital. Now it is only a check up, at my age, it is the proper thing to do. Well I had this horrible starvation clear diet to follow to the letter yesterday. And then joy of joys drink one 300ml bottle of Magnesium Cirtate (cold) as it would taste worse warm. ( Yugghh). Wouldn't want to try that as it was awful anyway.




Then on top of that, I had to take 3 Dulcolax Tablets and good thing I put Roller Blades on as I could slide in and out of the Washroom all night very fast and often.

So In the midst of this we have a 20cm of snow and 15ml of Freezing Rain and rain on top of that. So it meant the roads were not passable and I had to cancel my test for another day of spending the night on the Loo in the not so distance future. But, Dear Readers everything else from my perspective was Passable ( if you know what I mean). I think I lost almost 5 lbs since yesterday.LOL Not a pleasant way to spend an evening.

9 comments:

Daisy said...

old tarf...so sorry to hear that...what a horrendous experience to go "through" for nothing! make the next appointment after the spring thaw ;)

David said...

Tarf! That is hell for you to go through. The bad weather you have been having is punishment enough!

Anonymous said...

Oh no!
Tarf, so sorry. When that happens to our patients at the clinic I work in, we are just so upset. To make it worse, you're starving, your butt has turned inside out and feels like it is on fire...and then you have to do it all over again.
Frowny face for you friend. :(

I'm very proud of you for doing the test though, many people just won't do it and they risk cancer that could have been detected early and treated. Good for you!
Yay Tarf!
:)

The Old Tarf said...

Daisy- it could be worse, a root canal with no drugs for example. Want to get it done asap so in the spring I won't have to worry about it.

Dave- and I get to do it again on Feb.5th. :(

Sweet Cheeks- Just like the Johnny Cash song "Ring of Fire". Maybe there will be a sale on Toilet rolls before the next time. Always look on the bright side.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear it sounds horrible. And to have to do it all again in the near future - you are far more heroic than I am.

Although I could do to lose a few pounds.

The Old Tarf said...

RB- nothing Heroic about it. I want to be around for a long time in order to annoy my love ones.

Trubes said...

What a pain in the bum, as we say in the UK..ha ha...Sorry Tarfers, what a waste of a grand effort to keep your health in check.

I have some good news on my site for you!

Hope you and Ginny are keeping warm,

Di.xx

Philipa said...

My sympathies. The stuff I had to drink before an op doesn't sound half so bad. Poor you. Hope it all turns out well.

Thud said...

I'm sorry I read this...let alone go through it!