Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Things are falling into place for the Condo

Well it will not be long before we take possession of our new condo on Monday. Went and met with the Contractor yesterday and everything is a go with him. We will be changing the kitchen and bathroom, doors , closets and putting in baseboards and crown moulding through the place. Had to remeasure the appliances and found to our dismay that the fridge we had ordered was 6 inches bigger than the space we have in the kitchen. So instead of black appliances we are putting in white now and ordered them from Sears and we saved over 300.00.

Well G. was with me yesterday and it was a good thing as we had to go to several places pricing and ordering things. So I guess I will not be in too much trouble as of yet. Got the approvals for the Flooring . Got approval from the landlord that we can move out of here by the 6th March. Spoke to the mermaid last night. She is off to Cuba for the hike of a life time. Everything is going swimmingly with her in london at present.

I am losing my voice for some reason. I guess I have been on the phone gassing to our friends and sale business to much. It is a mixed blessing for G. I guess.. The other Trailer up at the camp is now sold and now the hard work begins to move out our stuff. I am off tomorrow while the weather is good to sort stuff out and get a few of folk art pictures to put on consignment and some of our Indian Art work at the Black Sheep Gallery.

Waiting to hear from the lawyer on how much we have to bring him to close the Condo. The Bank account will be depleted by the time this week is over, Oh well it is only money. Tried to get into the Storage locker at the new home yesterday but the key didn't work. We feel sorry for the Real Estate agent who found out where the locker was and then couldn't show it. At least we have one which is something we didn't know when we bought the unit in the first place. Added bonus.

The Apartment is filling up with lights, locks and other bits for the new place, starting too trip over the extra stuff. Not long
now. It will get even more hectic next week. Gorden will be over to help with the electrics trying to get that stuff done Monday before the work and the fun begins. John is coming in on the 2 march to get the old appliances in the morning before the new ones show up in the afternoon. Then once this work is done on the condo, the Trailer up at the camp will be worked on during our annual fishing trip with Frank and the boys in early May. In between Beer and Shooters.LOL
Do not know how much will be accomplished but it is so good to have time with the guys and burn what few brain cells are still going.

The weather continues to be very cold and another storm coming in on thursday so it makes driving long distances dangerous and road conditions are so bad. Well it is time for me to get supper on the go as the Boss will be home soon from work.

Till next time.

13 comments:

Ninja said...

Good to hear dear. Will keep my fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly

Anonymous said...

Thanks for explaining re the RV.

Things are certainly moving apace re the condo. Monday? Wow, how exciting. Such fun choosing all the new things and deciding where everything will go.

Have a lovely weekend. But do rest your voice a bit.

Chris H said...

I hope you are going to give us photos of the condo once you are moved in!

The Old Tarf said...

Sabrina- keep your toes crossed as well. thank you

RB- It is not my voice I am worried about that I can rest but having everything go around and around in my head. That will drive me totally bonkers as I am a worry wart.

Chris- will post before and after Pictures just for you. Hope you are felling better.

Daisy said...

does seem like it is moving right along...i am holding tight myself for the storms...we had ice last night and there were 4 wrecks on the way to work...are we having fun this winter or what...lol

The Old Tarf said...

Daisy- I do not think fun is the correct word for this winter. But I admire your optimism.

Electro-Kevin said...

Glad to hear things are going well.


I have a new blog, though I won't be posting on it.

The Old Tarf said...

hey kevin- nice to hear from you. have a good weekend.

David said...

Great news that it is going smooth. I had similar problem with fridge and our new home last summer. Only we had it delivered only to discover it was too big for the space.

The Old Tarf said...

dave-so much for standard sizes then and now everything is supersized.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tarf!

Moving sucks, but after it's all done it is well worth the work. Hope you watch your back...people hurt themselves all the time while moving. I usually end up with terrible bruises...and a big smile at the exhausted end.

Can't wait to see the pictures!
:)

Anonymous said...

How yoo doing mon ami? Long time no post?

The Old Tarf said...

mutley- been up to my ass in gators trying to get moved. will post tomorrow.