Sunday, December 7, 2008

Two Tails of One Kitty



This is a picture of my Cousin Bob and Lois with Ginny and I on Holiday together in May of 2008.


Well My Cousin Bob who lives in Hope, BC. They have this Cat named Mercedes Benz the reason for the name was Bob always wanted to have a Mercedes Benz Car. So one Christmas his family told him they got him a Mercedes Benz out in the Garage for him as a Christmas Present. So Bob blind to the fact that they can only just afford the gas in his SUV staggers out in to the Garage looking for this fancy present. So He walks into the Garage turns on the light and no car but this little furry Kitten is laying in a box that has drawn on it a car with a little note. Here is your Mercedes Benz. The Cat is now 8 years old and still living with my Cousins.

Well, several years ago. I went out to help Bob Paint his new store. They were going to expand the business from a little run of the mill Jewelery Store come Junk Shop on it's last legs. He was getting the OK for a Sears Outlet Store with Appliances, TVs etc and a real chance to turn things around. So As my Uncle Joe and Aunt Mildred are getting up there thought I kill two birds with one stone and went out for two weeks. Well I stayed at Bob and Lois's Place and was sitting in a Wooden Rocking Chair having a Beer, I only just got there about 2 hours. This rather large Cat came in the front door and immediately jumped on my lap, stood up and put it's paws on my shoulders and started to kiss my face then promptly sat on my lap and went to sleep.

( My friends and Family call me the Cat Whisperer as strange cats seem to come up to me.)

Bob and Lois were thunder struck as this cat doesn't like to be petted and avoids strangers and never show any sort of affection unless it wants to be fed. They hadn't seen Mercedes for 3 days as they live right at the foot of the Rocky Mountains and he goes off hunting for days at a time.



This is the view from Bob's back door at his place.


Well for the two weeks, I was there this cat was my constant companion. He came down and slept in my room right on top of my blue suitcase which got covered in cat hair. I always have a glass of water to drink during the night. One night I woke up and heard a lap, lap,lap, lap right beside my head. I turned the light on and the damn cat was drinking from my glass. So for about 10 days or so I was drinking water with Cat's Spit in it, unbeknown to me. So I stopped drinking water in a glass and now have a covered plastic water bottle. The Cat still follows me around when ever we visit my cousins.

10 comments:

Daisy said...

sounds like a friendship was formed there...it's odd but i am that way with dogs as well...i don't know why but dogs i don't know, and who are normally unsociable, take to me right off...i guess i don't fear them, or threaten them...

The Old Tarf said...

Daisy- that is a nice way to be.

Chris H said...

Nice.. about the cat. I don't like cats, but them seem to like me, that is weird. Awesome view your cousin Bob has!!!

The Old Tarf said...

Hey Chris,

New Photo. It is nice but you never see Sun Rise or a Sun Set as they are surrounded by Mountains.

Trubes said...

Cats are funny creatures Tarfers, our cat Chloe will only sit on DT's lap during the day and only sit on my lap of an evening.
She wakes him every morning for her breakfast and torments me early evening until I give her some fish.
Awesome view of the mountain, what a wonderful Country you live in!

Di.xx

P.S. Iv'e posted a little yarn on my site and I'm soooooh disappointed to note, 'no comment', from one of my favourite bloggers.
Also where is Merms these days, i suppose she's busy...i do miss her funny yarns...give her my love when you next speak, please.x

Anonymous said...

Cats are such characters. My cat only ever used to go to people who she could sense hated her. she seemed to take great pleasure in causing them to shriek and run from the run. She's only sit on my lap if I were trying to do something else - use my laptop or drink a cup of coffee.

Shouldn't Mercedes have been a female cat?

Awesome view.

The Old Tarf said...

RB- you are right- normally cars are female. Mercedes is a girls name. Never thought of it and I am sure neither have my cousins.

But He was a Tom Cat. Maybe, why He was so strange.

Electro-Kevin said...

Great photo ... but black SOCKS ???

The Old Tarf said...

EK-they are an off white.lol

Anonymous said...

The cat recognised a good person is all...