Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Family Christmas Tradition




This has become one of our Favorite Christmas Traditions at our House. Ginny and I have for many years used the same Christmas Cards and we just write a new verse on it to sum up the year. It is fun to look back over the years and the memories of past time, friends and family that comes back to the heart and mind.

This is the card that I recycle each year for Ginny. I haven't thought of a verse yet but will sit down and compose it prior to tomorrow night. Her Card and Love are the only real gifts that I need each year. The rest is only material stuff.

The Following is a verse I put in for 1995.

Each Year a snappy greeting, to think of gets hard.
To share my thoughts without buying a new greeting card.
So I recycle the old, but my love for you will never grow cold.
Thank you for everything.
Love Don xxx


What special things do you guys do for Christmas?


So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from our home to yours. There is always an extra place set at the table in case you happen along.

13 comments:

Trubes said...

That is so sweet Old Tarf.
We quite often re-cycle our previous cards to each other but I felt this year, I needed something even more special to give to DT.
He's been so kind and patient with me as I've had such a bad year with health issues etc.

Hope you and Ginny have a wonderful Christmas and a Peaceful and prosperous New Year.
love from all in Liverpool.x

Di.xx

P.S. I've put a Christmas greeting on my site for my friends.

Hope you enjoy your stay at the Marriot too.x

Anonymous said...

Oh what a lovely idea. You are such a lovely guy. Well, I'm sure Mrs Old Tarf is lovely too but I don't know her yet. Maybe one day? If I ever get to Canada. Or perhaps she could be persuaded to blog - you could incorporate that in your verse.

Have a lovely Christmas

Gina
xxxx

Thud said...

you old softie you!...merry Christmas from all over the water.

Daisy said...

that is lovely...we make sure to watch holiday inn each christmas eve and have hot cocoa and popcorn...then we each open one gift...usually something simple but meaningful...

Chris H said...

The only 'traditons' I can think of is that I always have to wrap all the presents ON MY OWN... while Stew watches sport on TV... pfffft.. why do I love that man???
MERRY CHRISTMAS mate!

Ninja said...

Merry Christmas darling!

Electro-Kevin said...

Happy Christmas, OT

I hope things are settling down well for you.

Will be in contact soon.

Electro-Kevin said...

http://electro-kevin-electrokevin.blogspot.com/2008/12/now-thats-what-i-call-electro-kevin.html

The Old Tarf said...

Everyone- thank you for the kind comments and best wishes.

Also for helping me keep going with my blog. I have enjoyed each and everyone of yours over the year and look forward to many more years with each of you.

Happy New Year. Best Wishes for 2009.

OT

Anonymous said...

Hello Old Tarf!
Our usual Christmas Eve standby: Everyone gets New PJ's. Everybody gets at least one toy, no matter how old they are. We play all Christmas day and relax.
Hope yours was wonderful! I see you comment often on E-K's site. Thought I'd swing by. Hope you don't mind. Have a nice new year! :)

The Old Tarf said...

Sweet Cheeks- Welcome. Visit often. Like the cat picture. Reminds me of my Grand Kitty "Monty".

I addd you to the Hotel role.

Trubes said...

Hello Old Tarf,(Don). I hope you and Ginny are having a 'Cool Yule' and keeping warm and snug during the freezing weather.
I've posted a note on Careless Sigh re Mermaid.....she seems to have gone AWOL!

Cheers Di.xx

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

What a great idea Tarfers!

I had a book of old photos from Rye from Mrs S, and one of them shows my old company having Christmas lunch about forty years ago...

Apart from that, JRT gave me a bottle of Glenmorangie, which is my favourite!