Monday, April 28, 2008

Well it is my Birthday Today.

Well it is that time of year again. It seems to come around a lot faster now a days. It was great having the Mermaid here for a few weeks. I got to open my pressies yesterday and had a nice Birthday Tea with her and Mrs. Tarf before having to take her to the airport. ( Mrs.Tarf didn't have a ticket so she had to stay). Just as well I need someone to keep me in line.



Now before you ask me how old I am. It depends on who you ask. I still remember the Milkman coming around to my Gran's House with horse and cart. The Ice Man delivering blocks of ice that they cut from the Georgian Bay the winter before for the icebox. It has been a great life so far with lots of adventures and being able to spend quality time with both Mrs. Tarf and our daughter this year and with good friends was the best present of all.

My, they grow up so fast. This time I finally saw her all grown up and it was a shock to my system. I am really proud of her for what she has been able to accomplish on her own.

Well the Bar is now open, so excuse me, while I get a little Intoxicated.

11 comments:

Electro-Kevin said...

Many happy returns, OT.

I won't ask how many candles.

The Old Tarf said...

You would need a fire truck to put them out.

Daisy said...

Happy birthday you old tarf you...i am so glad you got some time with mermaid and she was able to get some time as well...my son is just getting to the age (mentally) where i actually enjoy spending some time with him without thinking "okay i am mom, what do i say"...i am actually looking forward to mothers day this year and spending the day with him...

The Old Tarf said...

Daisy- That sounds great- We are fast becoming friends as well as Parent /Daughter. It is hard to give up the so called authority figure though. I do not know why I tried to bother as no one listened to me anyways in the past.

Anonymous said...

I am a bit late at the party but probably just as well since I am not drinking for another 6 days - I'd have been all grouchy.

But Happy Birthday for Monday. I'm glad you managed to celebrate with the lovely Mermaid before she returned to our shores.

No-one listens to me either, by the way! Doesnt' stop me droning on though.

The Old Tarf said...

RB- The party goes on all year around here so one is never late for a party. I cannot imagine you at all being grouchy!

It is always 5 O'clock somewhere.

Chris H said...

OH! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ya old bugger! Hell ya must be (ancient) quite old if you were around when milk carts and blocks of ice were still a-happening! Age... is just a number though, it's how ya feel that counts! LOL (for you old buggers that means Laugh Out Loud) *snigger* Hell I can't talk, I'm 50 this year! Though me thinks it ain't quite 'your' number!

The Old Tarf said...

IMHO-;))) ( for us old buggers "In my humble opinion"


Thanks Chris-Good Luck on the move.

Mermaid of Moorgate said...

And daddy, no-one will listen to you in the future either. Hope you had a lovely birthday xx

Trubes said...

Happy Birthday OT. I hope you had a good one, will e-mail you xxx

The Old Tarf said...

Merms- what is new. glad to know some things never change

Trubes- any time . look forward to it.