Monday, January 4, 2010

Today the Goddess Bastet has come to claim one of Her Own



Patches our beloved Pet and Friend of over 18 years was called home today. I found her a small bedraggled, wet bundle of fur underneath our car at a Lodge meeting many years ago. At the time we had 3 other cats and a dog. Ginny gave me a sour look as I showed her what I had found at the roadside. I picked her up and she chose us and not the other way around. She has been a constant friend and companion ever since. Our lives have sadly changed today and not in the short term for the better.

Patches made our House a Home and a certain warmth and love has gone out of our lives.



We will miss you Baby Girl and will always think of you when ever we say Bacon ,open Tinned Milk or see little Calico Kittens or Cats. You will be greatly missed but never forgotten. May you find everything you love to do with your Goddess Bastet, who has taken you in her arms to look after you now.

12 comments:

Trubes said...

I am so sorry to read of the passing of your dear cat Patches, Tarf, my sincere condolences to you both.

Di.xx

The Old Tarf said...

Trubes- thank you. The house seems empty. It is the first time in over 23 years that we haven't had a pet in the home.

Ninja said...

My sincere condolences dear....the death of a pet is just as hard as the death of a loved one

Mermaid of Moorgate said...

NOOOOO!!!!! My little girl patches!!!!! Poor baby girl!!!!! Love and hugs to you both. x I'll post a silly video of her if I can work out how to do it. x

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Poor you Tarfers, we know just what you're feeling, and sympathise with all the recall of four of our chaps and chapesses doing the same.

Keep the photos handy, and it'll be slightly easier.

lilith said...

I am so sorry Tarf. A gaping hole.

Reluctant Blogger said...

I'm so sorry about your cat. She was so very beautiful.

But 18 is a very fine age and I know she had a wonderful life.

The Old Tarf said...

Sabrina- thank you. Sometimes harder as the Pet doesn't usually talk back to you.

Mermaid- Was hoping you wouldn't see this blog until after everything. She lived a great life and was about 130+ in human years. Still see her in my mind's eye.

Scrobs- you are right about the photos. In the past when we lost one we still had one or 2 to fill the void. One time we had 4 cats and a dog. Patches was the last.

lilith-Thank you. There is a void and an eerie silence to the house.

RB- thank you. She was and she knew she was pretty ( probably some Diva from a Previous life.

Electro-Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Electro-Kevin said...

Sorry to hear it.

Ms Smack said...

I have a beautiful 5 five year old boy cat named Ace that brings me and my daughter enormous love and joy.

I totally feel your grief and loss at losing your friend.

I wish all abandoned and lost cats had owners like you and me.

xx

The Old Tarf said...

Ms Smack- Thank you. Welcome to my small part of the blog sphere. Please pop back any time.