Monday, January 18, 2010

Taking Pills- Ahhhhh that's Terrible




The worst thing of us going to Mexico. Would had to, have been the Malaria Pills (Chloroquine). The after taste is very bitter and stays with you for what seems like hours. We had to take these 1 week prior and each week while there and for 4 weeks afterwards. Ginny is always amazed that I just take pills the hard way swallow them straight down with nothing to help them down.

Of all the useless things I can remember one of them is my Aunt Martha's Farm down in the Prescott Area of Ontario. I used to get sent there every summer when I was smaller. I hated it no running water, chamber pots and had to listen too Horrible Gospel Music all the time the old style Twangy, Nasal Country and Western stuff. I slept out on a sofa or mattress in the Hallway upstairs.

She used to give us all Cod Liver Oil Pills everyday. I had to chew my pills in those days as I could not swallow anything down. The taste was vile and made me gag each and every time. I remember managing to swallow the pills whole at Aunt Martha's
one summer. As I was so proud of myself I proceeded to swallow most of the bottle contents at the same time. I needed the chamber pot after that for a few days and I had to sleep out in the barn in the Hay Loft as well.

How do you manage to take your Medicine. ( Oh no " Spoonful of Sugar Helps the Medicine goes down") AGHHHHHHHHHH, Help me "The Sound of Music" has attacked my brain. It is the most hateful film of all time. It is worse than Water Torture.

I saw that film 138 plus times as I worked in the Cinema when it first came out. I had the flipping film memorized and it still haunts me after all these years. I cannot get rid of the tune. Oh the horror of it all.


Down the Hatch. Open Wide.

1 comment:

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Ha ha ha! Good pill yarn that!

"I saw that film 138 plus times", well, as it's always shown on a Sunday afternoon, you've seen it 138 more times than I have!