Friday, October 23, 2009

Weight Watchers Meeting

Well I went back to my first actual weight watchers weigh in on Wednesday. I lost .6 of a pound since last week. I was a little discouraged as I felt I would have done better. Ginny reminded me that I need to focus on the long term and the pounds didn't come up over night and neither will the weight go away over night. Slow and steady is the key to avoid the yo-yo effect.

Still have 20 lbs. to go till I am back in fighting trim. It was through weight watchers I went from a 42 to a 34 the last time. Unfortunately the past year has been rough and once you start to get off track. You seem not to care anymore and it takes a while to get back in gear. I guess it is pride, as I am a Life Time member and achieved goal the last time , tend to beat oneself up a little more.

I should have not got to that point again and should never have stopped tracking. But I am back.

Mrs. managed 2 1/2 lbs last week. I just plan to be extra careful. I have cut my points from 30 to 28 to see if that makes a difference. Although I look a lot slimmer and feel better with the increase in exercise already. Next Wednesday will be a better result as long as it is a loss or stay the same will be a victory either way.

It takes about 3 weeks to get in the habit of doing something, then it becomes a life style.

7 comments:

Reluctant Blogger said...

Oh yes, I think slow and steady is the best approach to weight loss. And you did lose some so there is no need to feel discouraged. And you feel better which is the main thing.

Good luck with it all.

I have been eating as if I have worms today - I think it is because it is turning colder!

Have a lovely weekend.

The Old Tarf said...

RB- thank you and you have a nice weekend as well.

Electro-Kevin said...

I'm going the other way at the moment. Craving junk. I've put on a stone. In clothes I get away with it.

Well done on your progress. Rule of thumb. Never upsize your clothes. If you ever need to then it's time to lose some weight. Exercise too.

Please get Simoney to check her emails for me. The time is near and I wouldn't want her to leave it too late.

Thanks, buddy.

The Old Tarf said...

Ek- i sent her an email to remind her.

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Hang in there Tarfers, and when you've finished, there won't be too much hanging in either direction!

You're right about the lifestyle thing - it really does become the norm, but you have to crack it first!

Good luck!

Trubes said...

Good for you Tarfers:
I am always hungrier in the Winter and crave hearty stews an home made soups.
Just had bacon and eggs for breakfast...Naughty but nice!

No more carbs for me today!

Grilled fish and lots of fresh winter veggies for supper tonight!

Keep up the good work...At this rate I may have to join you!

New post about holiday on my blog!

Di.x

The Old Tarf said...

Trubes- Hi Di,

thank you for the encouragement. Welcome to join us on Wednesday evenings at the Weigh In.