Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Greg's Song

I wrote this because of a friend of ours who recently did a tour of duty in Afghanistan. He has just been promoted to Sergeant and He is still with the Canadian Armed Forces to this day. I wanted to thank Him and those who are serving with the Armed Forces and to remember those generations of brave souls who served in wars past. Both my parents served and as well as my Uncles in WWII and Grandfathers in the WWI. I also have dear friends who served in Korea and Vietnam. So I wanted to tie it all together so I wrote this song in a form of a letter to all our Veterans ( Past and Present). I am so proud to be a Canadian and just wanted to say Thank you.

6 comments:

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Tarfers - that's marvellous; a real sentiment with no bolt-ons!

Thankyou!

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Tarfers - had to do a post on your values - hope you don't mind...

Chris H said...

Very nice mate.

Electro-Kevin said...

What a lovely tribute.

Promoted to sergeant, eh ? You know they are the chaps who truly run the show. The second most powerful rank in the military.

The Old Tarf said...

Scrob- fill your boots old mate.

Chris H- Thank you

Ek- You are right. It is the Non-coms who run the show.

Ninja said...

Beautiful!!!