Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Well it is Election Day in Canada-Eh!




Well Joy of Joys Election Day is finally here. There was no choice to be had in local Candidates.

Ginny and I went to do our duty and Voted anyways. If the Bloc had been running here in Nova Scotia I might have been tempted to vote for them at least they look out for the people of their "La Belle Province".

We just held our nose and voted for the person regardless of the Party who would represent the People of Dartmouth the best.

It damn well wasn't either the Tories or the Liberals. This way at least. We have someone to complain too as we voted for Him. Should He not get in, then I have someone to complain too about how bad things are becoming. Only in Canada , EH.

5 comments:

Daisy said...

i have put in my absentee ballot...right or wrong my vote is in...

The Old Tarf said...

Daisy- at last you didn't waste your vote and took the effort to make some change.

Mermaid is hoping to meet up with you when you are in London. Give her a hug for Us.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it makes me cross when people don't vote. I know it is hard to make the effort when there seems no real choice to make but I strongly feel everyone should.

I suspect that is true re Mario Bros!

Why does Daisy get a vote? I'm confused.

Daisy said...

RB i don't vote in canada but the vote in the USA is on november 4 and i will be out of the country so i needed to do an absentee ballot...

The Old Tarf said...

RB- the same way with us here. If we would have been unable to vote on the 14th then we could have voted earlier by either proxy or absentee ballot or advanced polls.

As we were here we went out on election day to vote.

We have the Municipal election on saturday coming up as well.