Monday, September 22, 2008

I owe an apology for the deletion of my last few blogs

I was going to put a picture of the Queen in her Mac Donalds outfit. When I realized that I was taking the thunder from dear Mutleys Blog. I didn't wish to do that. So please pop over to Mutleys.

Then I thought about putting up a link to the countdown to Christmas. If that thought really entered your minds as of yet.

Due to the Mind numbing and frightening state of the worlds economy at this juncture in time. The last few weeks we have been been anxious for news of our friends down in Holguin area of Cuba after Hurricane Ike tore through. Still haven't heard any thing apart from the Youtube pictures and travel forums. What we see is very bad, both down there and in the Stock Market.

So just in case you really want to know how many days till Christmas. If you are not depressed enough already. I have put that gadget on the sidebar of this blog anyways.

After all it is now officially Fall in Northern Hemisphere. It is gone 4 in the morning here in Nova Scotia and I have nothing of any importance to blog at this time. I am up at this time due to my chronic pain giving me yet another sleepless night, just one of the many thousands over the past 12 years.

15 comments:

lilith said...

How many days till armageddon?

The Old Tarf said...

Lilith- I think if we knew that. the burden of that alone would drive us completely over the edge.

BEAST said...

They already have Christmas stuff in the supermarkets :-(

The Old Tarf said...

Beast- And over here as well. They still have Christmas decorations up on certain homes from the last year and years before. It never seems to go away.

Is it too early to have a snooze at work? :)

Daisy said...

the neighbors put up halloween stuff last week all over the neighborhood and the one lady across the street (we call her lawnmower lady, as she goes on her riding mower through the neighborhood) has put up her inflatable santa amid her halloween decorations...i did suggest to go with a satanic theme this year but as i wont be here to reap the comments was told it wouldnt do...btw been up the last three nights at 2:30, 3:00, 3:25, then up at 4:00...i am right with you my friend...

Trubes said...

Sorry you are in so much pain Tarfers.xx.
Any news on the Condo sale yet?
it seems that our dear friend Daisy is suffering from insomnia too.....All this sounds like 'Sleepless in Seattle'.

I take one and a half Ucerax tablets before bed and sleep quite well. These are prescribed for a skin complaint that accompanies the Rheumatoid Arthritis that I have, so, at least I can have a reasonable night's sleep.

Take care my friend,

Di.xx

The Old Tarf said...

Daisy- You should still go with the Satanic theme. You have to get that little devil out in the open once in awhile.
Sorry you have to be up at all hours as well.

Trubes- No news on the condo sale. Had a good number of showings but nothing in the past week.
I use 200 mg of Codeine Contin myself each day just too survive. As the weather gets colder or damper the pain increases as does the stress level of having the Condo up for sale adds to it.

Chris H said...

Bummer about the pain mate. And No, I didn't need to know how long it is till Christmas! It is just scary!

Ninja said...

OMG!!! Is it seriously only 92 days till Xmas?!!!!!!!!!!

Better start on my shopping now itself to avoid the holiday crowds!

The Old Tarf said...

Chris- I am sorry for reminding you about Christmas with spring/ summer coming up for you guys down under.

Sabrina- I like anything that has booze in it.

Anonymous said...

I can't bear to think of Christmas yet. Although it is so cold today that it does feel as if it might be lurking just round the corner.

Really sorry to hear about your pain. I know how wearing that can be and how dispiriting.

I am not an Autumn person. I find it hard to stay jolly in Autumn - it feels as if another year has gone without me achieving much at all. Hohum!

Electro-Kevin said...

No No No !

It'll be absolutely wonderful to have a non-commercial Christmas.

Many good things will come from this downturn.

Electro-Kevin said...

I hope the pain subsides.

Sleep well.

The Old Tarf said...

RB- Each and everyone of us accomplishes a lot more than we give ourselves credit for. Reading your blog and the impact that you have on many people's lives. IMHO you have given much to others.

EK- a non-gimmie Christmas would be a blessing. After all "Jesus is the Reason for the Season".
And Family and friends rejoicing together is what it is all about. Not the glitz and the glamour or how much stuff you get.

Thank you everyone who has wished me well.

Ninja said...

Haha...noted! :p