Thursday, May 1, 2008

It should have been a Red Bull-



I do not normally do a product endorsement but as the cartoon depicts "It was a no Brainer". I should have taken a Red Bull instead. Now those of you who are aware of the so called benefits of the Energy Drink Advertising that seem to bombard us everyday from billboards, TV, Sports Events and etc. Supposedly to give you mental alertness, more get up and go. Red Bull " Gives you wings".

Would be familiar with all the hype and the Red Bull Logo. I went into the local IGA actually it is now called Shop and Save. To pick up some groceries for the day. On the way back from walking G. to work as I try to do every morning. I was going to have a really hectic day. There was a walk through with a contractor of the Condo and as I am a member of the condo board was required to be present. I had to get a prescription filled at the local chemist. Do the accounts,laundry, work on my music. Do some house work and get the dinner on, write a few letters and of course checking my blog. Just in case someone actually is reading it and to see what the Mermaid is up to.

I am also looking after someone's condo whilst they are in sunny Dominican Republic for a month ,lucky them. Collecting the mail and looking after his one and only plant.

Now due to the Chronic Pain, I do not normally sleep through the entire night and that night I had several major setbacks pain wise so I was up all night.

So I was feeling a little sluggish. So while I was in the IGA . I saw some other brand name labeled Energy Drink. I think it was some PC or Rock Star brand. I remember they were 2 for $2.49, so as I am a sucker for a bargain. I bought 2, thinking they are all probably the same as each other. Well I drank it down at the store and walked home over the Commons.

Well time I got home I was still feeling only about running on 1 cylinder instead of 4, so I drank the other one as well. Went on the walk through with the contractor, more asleep than not. Collected the mail and got in the elevator and pressed the button for the 5th floor to check up on D's condo and drop off his mail. Now I have 3 keys for his unit, so the first didn't work,tried the 2nd. and then the 3rd. Funny none of his keys seem to be working;so I tried them all again. Then I saw some shadow behind the door,someone has broken into D.'s house I thought. The door opened and my neighbor from the third floor was standing in David's unit. So I asked her what she was doing at David's place?

She looked at me like I was completely bonkers ( which I am). Said this is my place. I looked at her then the unit number and saw that it was the right number but wrong floor. I explained things to her. She invited me in to talk about painting and taping her unit which I said I help her with. She made me several cups of coffee. Which I drank and finally I started to revive from being a walking zombie.

So much for that boost of energy and mental alertness from the cheap imitation. I should have bought a " Red Bull" in the first place, one of those really works on me when I am in the blahs and need a quick boost.

It was a no Brainer. I should have known better. But hey, it was on sale and I got airmiles.

14 comments:

Daisy said...

i am one who likes red bull as well...i have problems sleeping as well...they also have this stuff Jackie Chan's energy drink which is a green tea mixture and very good...we do what we can old tarf...then we drink energy for the rest!

Anonymous said...

Oops - a "senior" moment as we say here!

I have never tried Red Bull. I think I am probably manic enough without it! If I need an energy boost I find a banana does the trick - and yes, I do mean that I eat it!

Mermaid of Moorgate said...

Air miles are good, sleepless night from pain is not good. I hope you are feeling much better Old Tarf x

On the bright side, you cheered me up with this tale of mishapness, so thanks!!

The Old Tarf said...

Daisy- i do like green tea which I have everyday.

RB- I have a lot more of those moments. Bananas are good. i eat them for the potassium as my Meds. take it out of me.

Merms- I am glad I cheered you up. Do you need to talk. I am gone for the weekend up at the camp. Out this evening but here until about 830 pm your time.

Electro-Kevin said...

Sounds like you bought a load of Old Bull instead of Red Bull :-)

RB does work, I can vouch for that. But like drugs there is a terrible low afterwards.

Sorry to hear of your pain and hope it gets better.

The Old Tarf said...

Ek- just like to much too drink the night before, the day after sucks.

Paddy Ebeneezer said...

a very happy belated or belated happy birthday to you.

Of course I remember patches she is so cute and lovely Munchkin. Is he enjoying his home with Frank and Shirley?

David said...

Funny. My son (he is 14) was having some buddies over to our place to play X box well into the night. He asked me if we could go buy some energy drinks. I went with them to the A & P. There were 6 kids so I thought I would get a case of the stuff. I could only find them in 1's on the shelf. I asked the clerk about a case, he smiled and said "buddy do you know the price of a case"? $3.50 a piece x 12 cans.
I suggested to the young lads that a bottle of scotch is cheaper.

Anonymous said...

I wondered for a moment there what E-K was going on about with his "RB does work, I can vouch for that" but of course he meant Red Bull not me.

Trubes said...

Hello my friend OT:
So sorry you are suffering so much pain and I do hope you will soon have some respite.
Aye...it's a 'bugga'...Nobody can see it and only you, in your own subjective way, can feel it.

I could do with a shot of Red Bull.

We've had a house full this weekend, of Daughters, Husbands, Boyfrinds, 1 Pug Puppy, Cat, Pet Rabbit and a Cockatiel!
They've all gone home now, so it's 'chill out time' at Chez Trubes !

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Di.xxx

The Old Tarf said...

Paddy- Thank you for the Greetings. Munchkin is doing wonderful with Frank and Shirley. They just adore him and he them.

David- the price for energy drinks is outrages. Fortunately for us Beer is cheaper. They do tend to target market the young people shamelessly.

The Old Tarf said...

RB- But it shows the Cheek of the Red Bull people to have the nerve to use your initials in their advertising.

Trubes- You had a houseful as well. it seems like organized chaos but a lot of fun. I was up at the camp this weekend supposedly fishing with two of my best mates but as things turned out we got rather intoxicated instead. It was a great time chatting and male bonding ( Drinking Moonshine, 12 year old Rum with beer chasers around a blazing bonfire was good too). Perhaps next year we will do it again. ( Catch fish probably not. You should have seen the ones that got away though.)

Chris H said...

I have yet to try a Red Bull drink... or a 'V' which is similar I think. Maybe I will give it a try? Wonder if it tastes like Diet Coke? I LOVE Diet Coke!

The Old Tarf said...

Chris- I doubt it tastes like Diet Coke. Diet Coke rocks. Diet Pepsi is awful.

Red Bull- has far to may points.