Monday, March 17, 2008

Living in the Past


It seems as though when one gets older, the advice you tend to give is always based on past experiences good or bad.
Why is it that? One always seems to live in the past. If only But!

People roll their eyes and glasses fog over as you bore the people to death with tales of your past glories and foibles.

To you it is important and it is the main reason for you being who you are to this date.

I remember; when I walked to school in ten feet of snow and fought off the Wolves so I could drag my Moose carcass to Grandmas House. Or we didn't have Telly when I was younger only the Radio. I carved my initials on the rock tablets as we didn't have paper to draw on.

We actually read books and played outside in the rain. We had to sit up straight or had our fingers rapped by the teachers.

NO ONE CARES!!!!! Not even the Cat.

Except Me,Myself and I.

7 comments:

lilith said...

You fought off wolves? Nice.

The Old Tarf said...

I lived in a igloo. Ate poplar bear and occasionally ate pussy ( I mean cat).

Electro-Kevin said...

Could you say all that again, Old Tarf ? I wasn't listening.

The Old Tarf said...

EK-You see it is working. I expect the not listening part was selective hearing. Or distractions with real life.

Mermaid of Moorgate said...

you fought off wolves? You lying hound. You and your boring old stories. You couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag. You could get lost in a lift.

The Old Tarf said...

Merm- in this weather the paper bag would be frozen solid.

I can find myself out of a lift. Only not on my own. We call them Elevators over here.

Good to see you are getting back into fighting form.

girlonarock said...

you sound just like a Tog (aah you'll have to see my blog to learn what that is!!!) anyway, you were lucky you got a chair to sit on at school!:)luxury eh?