Sunday, December 16, 2007

Trash or Treasure????



Well it has been an interesting few days here in Dartmouth, NS. You always hear that your home is your Castle. Well we woke up on Friday am. I went into our storage locker which is on the 3rd. floor same floor as what we live on. Saw that the stuff we have was strewn all across the floor and various storage boxes and medal cases from my self and my Fathers campaign medals were open and empty on the floor.

So I called the Supt. and said We have been broken into. I then called the police. Apparently a burglar had gotten into all the on floor storage lockers and did his or her Xmas shopping.

So the police came and on second look found nothing missing. They did managed to find our safe in the locker and didn't have time to break into it. They stole all the Xmas gifts that our friends had bought from their locker on the 5th. floor. I guess they did not have anymore space for our stuff. So the day went on.

I moved the safe back into our unit. then about 4 am on sat morning. I heard a noise in the hall way that wasn't normal. saw a figure breaking into our locker again. So I opened the door and went after him. Got enough of a description that he was spending the weekend in the local jail.

Again nothing was taken.!!!!

So I guess what we think is Treasure is someone else's Junk. Our stuff was not worth stealing even on the second attempt.
I think that is what upsets us the most. Even thieves have standards I guess.

5 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

It means he couldn't re-sell your stuff. There's not much of a market for second hand household goods these days. Maybe a flat screen TV would be worth taking.

The Old Tarf said...

Or a bunch of Bananas.

Paddy Ebeneezer said...

Just to wish you all a merrry Christmas. P.S. did you send mummy a christmas card? she received an airmale card this morning but there was no writing inside the card and she can't think who it might have been from.

all the best

paddygay

Paddy Ebeneezer said...

Just to wish you all a merrry Christmas. P.S. did you send mummy a christmas card? she received an airmale card this morning but there was no writing inside the card and she can't think who it might have been from.

all the best

paddygay

Mermaid of Moorgate said...

well I guess it means you have memories that are too valuable to steal! I am glad nothing was taken, or else I would have had to send the major general Monty over there to bite the burglars.