Thursday, November 8, 2007

Airmiles Rewards- the curse that keeps giving

I am mad about Air Miles reward miles. so I go to great lengths to get them. I even find out which people, we know or vaguely know, are going to sell their homes and get them to agree, for me to refer them to a Cent. 21 Real Estate Company Agent, so I can get more Air Miles, 200 to be exact.

I scour the flyers every week looking for Airmiles at the local stores. Buy $50.00 of Ivory soap and get 100 airmiles. We have enough soap to last 2 years. So far I have redeemed enough airmiles for 4 fights across Canada. A Stereo, Digital Camera,Printer & Gift Certificates for Christmas Pressies. I even have two credit cards that give Airmiles when you use them.

To say I have an obsession for Airmiles would be an understatement. Even after all that stuff, I still have a whack of them Airmiles and there is more stuff I want. Which I need, need, need, more Airmiles for. There is never enough Airmiles, I go to all the merchants who honour the card and usually pay more for the same items. Just to get moreeeeeeeeeee.

The other day, I went to Lawtons ( local Chemist Shop) looking for Soy Isoflavone Complex.

If you never heard of this, you are not alone. Maybe because your spouse hasn't hit Menopause yet. Well I am finally getting to my point after going all around the houses.

I have been looking for this for some time as there has been 40 extra airmiles when you spend $15.00 on Webbers Vitamins and Minerals. Also it is very hard to find the Soya pills.. So I went to Lawtons and asked them if they still made this product or has there been a recall or something..

The store clerk thought I was from another planet. Trying to explain how to spell the item; let alone say it. Well Ginny had already only 6 months supply in the cuboard and well there was 40 AIRMILESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. So we need it.

So I went in today to see if they had any. I didn't want to waste money on a lot of things I do not need. Remember every time you spend $15.00; you get to get more AIRMILESSSSSSSSSSSS. So I bought all they had. Now as each bottle is only $11.39, I need more of something made by Webbers to make up the difference.

So I pick up, A&D vitamins, B16, Chromium,Folic Acid(good if your pregnant, not needed when you are menopauseal), Saw Palementto ( makes smaller prostate). Had no idea what it was for but it helped to add up to the required $15.00 and then some,so I bought it checked it out at home. Need it, only for the Airmiles.

Of course I only looked at the price of each item to see that it was $15.00 for two things or just a little over. To make matters worse I stood in a long line up at the check out and dutifully used my credit card and airmiles card for each mulitple of 15.00 dollar purchses to insure that I was credited with the extra bonus amounts of.................. (Glad I am not wasting any money, on stuff we do not need.)

WHAT, DO I HEAR YOU," GROAN AND SAY ; AIRMILESSSSSSS." Yes the dreaded Airmiles. More, More,Moreee. HA,HA,HA,HA! Little mad scientist thrown in there for effect.

Of course the clerk thought I am completely mental and I am. I now can get more stuff from the Airmiles Catalogue. Wait I just got an email from ,you guessed it Airmiles. There is another sale, I got to go. Only have to drive 100 miles to the nearest Rona Hardware Store.

HEY, Mermaid . How many Toilet Seats do you want!!!!!!!!!!!!! 10 or 12 Yay, more AIRMILESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

10 comments:

Paddy Ebeneezer said...

Hello from Paddy and the Wakefield cats. hope you are well and not buried under too much snow yet!

Anonymous said...

I don't mean to be rude - but I must ask. What are all those tablets and stuff for? I mean you hint at 'menopausal' things - but how are is that connected? Its a very mysterious post.

Why not just buy airtickets by the way? Then you can fly all sorts of places..

The Old Tarf said...

To answer your Question. Most of the vitamins, soap, shampoo and other items from Lawtons we take with us to cuba. To give as gifts to our friends there and to give as extra tips for service. You cannot get most of those items in the stores down south. And if you find them the cost is through the roof.

Some of the others we take in the winter to avoid colds and flu.

It is all connected with the fact that i am a buyer of everything useful and nonuseful, all for the love of airmiles. The Soy stops the hot flashes and makes my spouse more comfortable.

Hope that helps.

Trubes said...

Hi there OT, Hope you`re well. I see your girl, Merms has been "head butting" a Polish Builder in the groin. Kids, aye, where would we be without them ?

The Old Tarf said...

Trueblue-to respond to your question. We all have less laugh lines and our lives would be a lot duller without them.

We would have moe money though! Jst kidding Mermaid!!!! I do not want any knee to my saw palmetto area.

Mermaid of Moorgate said...

Now now! AIRMILES are great but... what about those CANADIAN TYRE coupons, you always have to keep them!

Mermaid of Moorgate said...

PS... you said the "soy stops the hot flashes".... either you or Ginny have been lucky people... who's flashed who?

Please don't answer, you're my dad and I don't want to know....

Mermaid of Moorgate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hello Mr Old Tarf and Monty's grandad and thanks for posting on my blog. i like your blog and have had a link to it from mine for a while now.
i like having visitors on my blog leaving messages- i have friends from across the world in places like London and Canada and Dewsbury and Wakefield (that is my Paddy). I like having a blog to express my pandacat thoughts because I think they are illuminating. Can I have one of your airmiles please so i can go in a plane. I dont want to go for more than a mile as i might be sick so one mile is fine thanks

The Old Tarf said...

MM- it was a flash in the pan. I do have a large raincoat to wear out in public.

Oscar-sorry you get travel sickness. so you can have 1 airmile.