Thursday, March 4, 2010

Do you wish you were younger?

How many times do you say over the course of a month. " I wish I was 18 again with what I know now." For a lot of people out there they just be as clueless as a young person as they are as an older person. IMHO

The only way it would work would be to go back in time, to when you were actual 18 and have the knowledge that you have now for it to be an advantage. It would be kind of freaky to have the mind set of an older person ( esp. with stuff that doesn't even exist as of yet) in the body of an 18 year old. I know if that happened to me when I was 18. I probably would have thought. " Man that was some pretty weird stuff I took last night."

Or I be so freaky to all my peers that they would shun me. ( I guess for me nothing has changed.) LOL

To have all the knowledge that I have now is possible with any 18 year old. All the facts and figures are out there on the net. After all it is just History. The only difference is one's own personal experiences and nuances that are unique to each person.
That is something no one else can really experience regardless of how much one studies someone. You are only looking in from the outside and not looking out from the inside.

Do I wish I was younger. No not at all. I wish I was thinner but that is a different subject.

What do you think?

10 comments:

lilith said...

No, I just wish I was healthier.

Electro-Kevin said...

If I could turn the clock back 7 years ! That would do.

Ninja said...

It's funny...i was just thinking bout it afew dys ago that i would hate to be younger or relive my 20s....i'm so much wiser and confident and happy now that i wouldn't change anything at all!

:p

Trubes said...

Hello Tarfers,
Like Lils, I too, wish for better health.
But then when i was eighteen i had such fun in the 'Swinging Sixties'...
Memories of falling in love...The Beatles...Starting work...Eating out in China Town...Dancing in The Cavern, and listening to my favourite groups ...Golden Days!

Sorry I've not been by , due to 'techy probs' with my PC...All fixed now.

Di.xx

The Old Tarf said...

Lilith- Good point. I wish that as well.

El-kevo-only 7 years interesting. have to tell me why some day.

Sabrina- seems like you know who you are and are happy with the result. How did the paper go that you had to turn in.

Trubes- no problem. I was at the cavern about 40 years ago great place. swinging sixties and mind blowing seventies. Fun while it lasted.

Reluctant Blogger said...

I was thinking exactly what you say here just the other day.

I have always thought that if I could go back in time with all I know now and the experiences I have had, I would be able to cope better in the house of my parents. But actually I realised when I went there recently that I have no better clue how to handle it now than I had then and the thought of going back and being a minor in their house is not something I would want to do.

I think if we went back to 18 with some memory of having gone 30 years past that, we'd just think we had gone bonkers and probably screw our lives up.

The Old Tarf said...

RB- you are spot on. I think we would go bonkers from really not knowing who we are.

David said...

I wish I could show people how wonderful life is in my 50's, deaf as a stump, no balance, and happy as a school boy at Spring break.

Sen. C.R.O'Blene said...

Nope! Quite happy at this age.

I actually worry about youngsters who don't have the ideas we had in the seventies though.

Mermaid of Moorgate said...

were you drunk daddy?

I wish in some ways I knew back in 1995 what I know now. I would have invested in Barkshire Hathaway and/or invented digital technology and be a billionaire. You'd have several homes all over the world.

INVENT A TIME MACHINE!