Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Well Tomorrow is my Birthday- got a new fire extinguisher for the candles

It is hard to believe that I will be another year older tomorrow. MY Mother once sent me a Birthday Card many years ago for my 18th. It took over a year to find me as I had moved that often. She wrote "I am surprised that you lived this Long. Oh, by the way Happy Birthday, Brat. And isn't it time you write to me.

Did you break an Arm? Did you get kidnapped by Aliens? Did your Pen run out of Ink?
Did you run out of Spit to lick a stamp? Why the @@@@@@ silence, better write me soon!!"

It was on a large Post card of Wasaga Beach, Ontario. ( I still have that card). I always managed to send her a Mothers Day Card even if I forgot her Birthday. She told me as long as she gets a Mothers day card that way she knows that I still loved her and think of Her. Un- fortunately she passed away over 31 years ago. So I always made sure to remember her on Mothers Day and still do.

Each Mothers Day when I was over in the UK. I always sent two Cards one for Mothering Sunday in the UK and one for Mothers Day in May in Canada.

7 comments:

Chris H said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW...
I find it quite easy to remember my Mum's birthday, it's always on or very near MOther's Day! (14th May). I hope you have a really lovely day ...

Electro-Kevin said...

Happy Birthday, Old Tarf.

Use one of those fire extinguishers with whipped cream on your cake.

Trubes said...

Happy birthday OT, have a good day.x

Di.x

Ninja said...

Happy one-day-before-your-birthday to you,
We're miles away but i've enjoyed knowing you,
Hope tomorrow brings plenty of gifts for you,
Happy one-day-before-your-birthday to you

The Old Tarf said...

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO WISHED ME A HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Anonymous said...

Oh belated Happy Birthday wishes. I'm sorry I missed it.

Mermaid of Moorgate said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Grandma was funny. You'll get your pressie when I come over!! xxxx